Contributions in Katy Brander’s Honor
To make a contribution in Katy’s honor mail to: Undercroft Tuition Assistance Fund, 3745 S. Hudson Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74135.
Annual Giving 2016, Donations due by January 20, 2017
While tuition covers our operating budget, each year, it is not sufficient to fund major projects and initiatives that enhance the quality of our programs and facilities. For these, we rely on two major fundraising initiatives each year; Annual Giving in the fall and fUNDERaiser in the spring.
Annual Giving campaigns in recent years have enabled us to develop our natural Playscape, adding new features like an irrigation system using reclaimed rain water; electricity and lighting; play structures, shade sails and plantings. Annual Giving funds have also made it possible to purchase vans that carry our students out into the community on service projects and field trips; and install signs identifying our school. Annual Giving supports our operating budget, assuring we are able to
- Provide professional development opportunities and Montessori training for faculty
- Maintain low student/faculty ratio
- Provide need-based tuition assistance for students
- Update technology for students and staff
Each fall, Annual Giving is launched with the publication of our annual report. The board of directors establishes a financial goal and reiterates the primary goal of 100% participation from board, staff and enrolled families.
100% participation by families, staff and board in Annual Giving shows community solidarity and a continuing commitment to the strength and financial health of our school. All contributions, no matter the size, help to accomplish the goal of full community support of the Annual Giving campaign.
For questions about Annual Giving and how you can become involved, please contact Nancy Davis, Head of School, at Nancy.Davis@Undercroft.org.
Monetary gifts to Undercroft Montessori School are tax deductible. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
As the first Montessori school in Tulsa and the first accredited Montessori school in the state of Oklahoma, we have reason to be proud of our school’s history and contribution to the greater community in Tulsa. In 1964, Undercroft was established through the vision, commitment, effort and sacrifice of a small group of parents. Over the course of its 50 year history, Undercroft has grown and developed through the continuing support received from parents, alumni, staff, grandparents and friends. With gratitude for their many contributions, it is our joy and privilege to carry on this important work on behalf of our children, assuring the future of our high quality Montessori school in Tulsa for the next fifty years and beyond.
fUNDERaiser is a community celebration and fundraising event for parents and friends of Undercroft. Sponsored by our Community Building Committee, fUNDERaiser features a themed costume party, dinner, art auction, silent auction and online auction. Parents are encouraged to support the auction by soliciting donations of services and items from favorite businesses and vendors. Funds raised are used to purchase classroom materials and furniture, directly benefiting our students.
Other fundraising activities:
Proceeds from fundraising events benefit the school’s operating budget.
- AmazonSmile Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Undercroft Montessori School whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Name Undercroft Montessori School as your AmazonSmile charity today! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/73-6099978
- Bake Sales are hosted by the Community Building Committee on Folks’ Day and Earth Day.
- Book Fairs in the spring and fall are hosted by our middle school students. Funds raised go to support the school libraries and the student managed middle school business accounts.
- Earth Day Flower Sale in April affords families a great opportunity to beautify their homes and raise funds for the Playscape.
- Pizza Movie Nights are hosted throughout the year to raise funds for individual classes or specific school-wide projects. Students love to spend an evening in their PJs at school with classmates, guides, games, and a movie. Parents love a night out, knowing their children are in good hands.
Assuring Undercroft’s Future through the Endowment Fund
Undercroft is working to establish an endowment fund to provide funds for a variety of programs into the future. All gifts received through estate planning or long term financial plans will go directly to our endowment fund, which will help assure Undercroft will be here in Tulsa, providing a model Montessori education, for years to come.